Recruitment SEO Step 9: Duplicate your job content sparingly elsewhere on the web
OK, so I recognise for some recruitment niches, recruiters have no option but to have jobs on job boards, but the plain truth is when you give other sites your jobs, you're making competition for your site. You are giving other sites your content to build their rankings in favour of yours.
Mitigate where you can with the following:
- Give your site the jobs a day or week earlier than other sites.
- See the post on stopping your jobs from being scrapped and used by sites you don't know.
- See the post about backing your jobs with marketing but marketing your jobs, not jobs, on other sites.
- Track your jobs and where you post them; when you don't see a return from that source, wait to send them there again.
- Don't assume job boards have the rankings you need for your jobs, test in Google.
- Be strategic about where you place your jobs. www.recruitzy.co.uk is a job board just for recruiters; any recruitment agency can place unlimited jobs on
- the site for a year for just £300+vat increases in this fee are protected by a membership vote. The idea of this site is to protect recruiters when they have
- to post jobs on job boards.
- Encourage, encourage, encourage candidates to use your job alert feature
- Run a jobs map on your site
- Run a jobs newsletter via email marketing that brings users back to your jobs on your website.